- Questions To Ask Retirement Communities
- What does the monthly service fee include?
- What other services and amenities are available?
- What types of residences are available?
- Will I be able to customize my home or apartment?
- Is additional storage space available?
- Is parking available near my home?
- Are shuttle services available on the property?
- Are we allowed to have pets?
- Does your community offer guest rooms for out-of-town guests?
- What is your commmuities Mission Statement?
- What health care services does your community offer?
- What will happen when my health care needs change?
- Do I need long term care insurance at your community?
- Will I pay real-estate taxes or need to carry home insurance?
- Who is available to help me explore the financial, legal, and logistical aspects of moving to your community?
- What steps do I take to make an application for an existing house or apartment?
- How soon can I move to your community?
- What is the entrance fee and what does it cover?
- If I move into your community then later decide against living there, do I forfeit my entire entrance fee?
- Is any portion of the monthly fee tax-deductible?
- Who decides when a resident must move permanently to the healthcare facility?
- What kinds of activities may I participate in at your community?
- Is there a waitlist and if so how does it work?
Select the layout
Choose the theme