Home | Travel | Travel Arrangements | Packing for Vacation

Packing for Vacation

Font size: Decrease font Enlarge font
image

Changes in today’s luggage requirements by airlines means changes in packing habits for many travelers. Packing too much or too heavy translates into unwelcome baggage fees and delays. Luckily, there are easy ways to cut back and still arrive at a destination well dressed and well prepared.

To help travelers sail through airport check-ins, Grand European Tours has partnered with Susan Foster, author of Smart Packing for Today’s Traveler, to provide the very best in expert packing ideas.

“Proper packing plays an important role in the success of a trip, now more than ever,” says Hans Sohlstrom, president of Grand European Tours. “We are pleased to partner with Susan Foster and share her invaluable tips with our customers.” Grand European Tours and Foster are both located in the Portland, Oregon area and have worked in collaboration for the last few years.

For those looking to travel lighter, Foster offers these 10 tips:

1. Take versatile clothes you can wear several times.
A blazer worn on the plane that can also be worn casually

Read more at LifeAfter50.com

Subscribe to comments feed Comments (23 posted):

Free Classifieds in Canada on 04/04/2015 18:56:50
Free Classifieds in Canada
www.camillegalap.fr on 05/21/2015 07:03:20
Conversely,I think it's a selecting process,knowing what's the most important and what's the least.And then be a simple man.
www.ski-clubs.fr on 07/08/2015 08:59:46
If you’re planning a family getaway involving air travel with a toddler or pre-schooler, here are a few ideas that may help keep your grandson in his seat, you on schedule and the other passengers commenting on what a well-behaved grandchild you have.
www.lespoetes.fr on 09/14/2015 07:10:43
Thank you so much! Such a relief!
www.daproject.fr on 10/10/2015 01:29:04
This trip was to be a genuine taste of adventure. When Royal Caribbean invited me to be a guest on their Exotic Asia maiden voyage to Southeast Asia, I couldn’t say no.
Thumbs Up Thumbs Down
Avoid headaches and fees at the airport with tips from packing expert Susan Foster.
new year 2016 on 11/16/2015 13:39:32
It is a great article. You will surely like this also because it is a great stufff
Rocio on 12/12/2015 11:43:19
These kitties are as cute as the day is long. Shana rules the roost with Mr. Cody doing as she isteructnd. They are 2 kitties that will be so welcome when they get to Heaven.If you are are an animal lover, you know that these 2 little kitties are so loved and so cared for.
Cristina on 12/13/2015 06:53:34
These photos are STUNNING!!!! your love for each other<a href="http://iavshbibx.com"> rlleay</a> shines through each picture! Love you both and cant wait until next October!! Love you roomzzz:)
Abby on 12/13/2015 12:57:40
And you guys used to laugh at me for checking for our relfrraes late at night hahaha I must have been on to something all those years ago! I'm so happy this day has finally arrived for you. I'm crying happy tears over it. And she's adorable love the first picture of her laughing you knows she's cracking up over how long you held out for her she's going to make sure to keep you on your toes now. So what is this adorable little girls name?!?!?!?I need to know these things. http://tbqntecz.com [url=http://fmnxwacczcw.com]fmnxwacczcw[/url] [link=http://pjwwwhoyxb.com]pjwwwhoyxb[/link]
Manies on 12/15/2015 15:07:53
Hot Diggity Dog!!!! It is about time!!!! My fellow June 19ther! Unfortunately I won't be going along with my Junebug Friends. I know how you feel <a href="http://eacxzhhf.com">thhugot</a> about the excitement this time around. With the wait being so long it kind took the oomph out of it. But, believe me once you see that angel being brought your way it will hit!! If not before.Cheering you and all of the other June 19th LIDers on.
www.trainings-schemas.nl on 03/04/2016 02:36:45
At the time of our trip, safaris were conducted via Land Cruiser or similar vehicle. There was no hopping on or off, much less hiking,
papers coupon on 04/23/2016 17:25:27
Suggest me some suitable plan to visit a beach along with one week stay, i am willing to buy tickets if discount is offered now, package should be for five members.
www.timecraftgame.fr on 05/05/2016 00:25:20
Trips with the family, including older relatives can be fun with a few careful arrangements.
best web design companies on 05/05/2016 08:53:22
Checking any blog may make others just want to come up with a greater number of. I did a fabulous which i was first lovely content by means of. The software most likely conducted for the tier still it’s exceptional.
exotic pets on 05/14/2016 07:04:32
Awesome article, it was exceptionally helpful! I simply began in this and I'm becoming more acquainted with it better! Cheers, keep doing awesome!
patio apple tree on 05/18/2016 06:20:27
i never know the use of adobe shadow until i saw this post. thank you for this! this is very helpful.
office 2016 professional mac on 05/18/2016 06:33:14
Thanks for a very interesting blog. What else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? I’ve a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the look out for such info.
Fat Diminisher on 05/18/2016 10:52:26
You might be a single extremely trustworthy website article writer. After all, generally, people reveal concerns as well as the details they feature just isn't since sensible. An individual alternatively; whatever you point out pencils out there. The advice regarding the usage of as an example has been the most effective. This web site is perfect!
phen375 the truth on 05/18/2016 15:43:38
I would really prefer so as to add one other webpage into the endorsed styles everyone provided a while back.
end of tenancy clean bristol on 05/22/2016 09:05:29
Which can do the job short-term, then again it’s an excellent helpful long-term option meant for fellas who would like to prove to be in such a 1 distinct lovely women these customers can’t prevent pondering.
Villas for Rent in Dubai on 05/23/2016 09:33:38
This is really something interesting for trips thanks for the wonderful post.
Jual PC on 05/24/2016 07:34:45
I actually checked right up your website considering Concerning listened to a great deal of pertaining to a person's discussions.

Post your comment comment

Please enter the code you see in the image:

• email Email to a friend
  • print Print version
  • Plain text Plain text
Tags
No tags for this article
Rate this article